Saturday, July 17, 2004

Working Definitions

Most toy customizers are familiar with the terms Kitbashing and Scratchbuilding. The first refers to taking parts from different kits and somehow mixing them together to make a new toy.  The second refers to making new toys or parts from scratch, often using advanced molding and sculpting techniques.
 
To these, for the purpose of this blog, I'd like to add another.  That is the Minor Custom.  In the future, when I refer to this, I mean that I just kitbashed some smaller pieces to make a figure.  It could be that the head was taken from somewhere else, a sticker added, a paint-job redone or something like that.  It's pretty much like a kitbash only on a smaller scale.
 
I will try to post the recipes as I go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home