Saturday, July 17, 2004

Toy Speculation

Speaking of Hero Factory...
 
Way back when I first saw those Ardens, they were only 500 yen.  A couple of years later, when I finally got a computer and started finding out about this hobby, I discovered that they were selling on ebay for up to $40 for one.  I had three, loose.  Of course, I wasn't going to sell them, but I couldn't help but think, if I had only invested a few hundred dollars, I could have made this hobby start paying for itself, right?
 
After all, collecting Micronauts can be expensive.
 
So I decided that the next time I could, I would get a bunch of whatever and then I could make money.
 
Well, one of those occasions was when the limited edition ( only 1000) Hero's Factory Space Glider came out.  I think I have 20 of them, and nobody wants them!  So, soon I will have to make a small Space Glider Force!  The accessories are nice (clear red), but the black and gold color scheme....
 
I'm just writing this as a warning to myself.  You never know what will be valuable and what won't.  If you collect this stuff trying to anicipate a financial windfall, I wouldn't recommend it.  You are better off investing in the stockmarket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home