Friday, July 23, 2004

Painting note

In an effort to get better at painting and customizing in general, I have been checking out www.starshipmodeler.org a lot recently.  It's a cool site with a lot of information.  For example. I have learned that in order to achieve the grey look of the Imperial Tie Fighter, it's a good idea to first spray one coat of medium grey, then do a black wash, then dry-brush light grey for weathering. 

All I have to do is figure out the best way to do a wash.  My instinct tells me to use flat black paint mixed with thinnner and airbrushed onto the surface, but I'm not sure.  How much thinner would be good?  I should just experiment this weekend.

I've also learned that if you want the look of weathered steel, first paint the object flat black and then dry-brush silver.

Check out this neat site!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home